You can make these quick pickles and be enjoying the snap in no time.
1/2 cup white vinegar
2 rounded teaspoons sugar
1 teaspoon mustard seed
1 teaspoon salt
1 clove cracked garlic
2-4 spigs of fresh dill or 1 teaspoon dried dill
1 dried bay leaf
- Place vinegar, sugar, mustard seed, salt and garlic into a sauce pan.
- Cook over medium heat until sugar dissolves.
- Put dill, bay leaf and cucumbers in a bowl or jar (make sure it can stand the heat)
- Pour the simmering liquid in the over the cucumbers
- Wait until it gets to room temperature, seal and then chill before enjoying.